Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Travel Call!!!

Those are the words you want to hear when you get this far in the journey. You ache and ache for this time to come and it's finally here for us!! We are leaving Thursday for Korea to bring our little baby girl home!!

For those who don't know, I'll give a brief summary of our story.....

As far back as I can remember, I knew I was called to adopt....in fact, I knew I was called to adopt a little girl from Korea. Before Barton and I ever married, we talked about how adoption would be part of our family. God blessed us with 3 amazing birth children and finally the day came when we knew it was time to pursue that little girl in Korea. As many adoption journeys go, it was a very long, hard 2 years waiting for our babe, but the day finally came when we received her picture. It was love at first sight. Malea Grace Sa Rang joined our family forever on December 17, 2006. What a blessing she is!!!! Such a joy! Full of life!! We know she was hand-picked by God to be part of our family.

What we didn't know at the time was that God had a double blessing for us. Late May, I received a call out of the blue from our adoption agency. The director had something to talk to me about. She shared that Malea had a birth sister who was 5 months old and available for adoption. I immediately burst into tears and declared, "we'll take her!!!!" To which she calmly replied, "would you like to talk that over with your husband first?" Hhmm, good idea. So I called Barton right away, still blubbering which made him think something bad happened. When he realized it wasn't a tragedy, he went into a momentary state of shock. Everyone knows Barton is a pushover though when it comes to babies, so it took him about a minute to declare, "let's bring her home!" And so began our journey to Alayna Charis Eun Bi.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you, God for writing this beautiful love story!! we are waiting patiently and praying for all the little details.
we love you, shaw family of 7!!
the sugai fam

p.s. great job w the blog btw, i'm so impressed! love the clock - what a great idea.

Amy said...

Precious little Laynie! How we ache to see you home, in the arms of your mama. Shaw family...we are nuts about you over here at the Arnolds' and we are so thrilled to have another one of you to love! We love being on yet another adoptive joureny with you. His plan for these sisters is one beyond comprehension.

Thank you our Great Father, you have choosen this little one before time began, just how you chose us to be yours! our praise to You will never be enough...

He is beyond what we can ask or IMAGINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love, the Arnolds

btw, Libi was going nuts this morning over Laynie's pics! She pretty much woke up the whole house.

Molly said...

I have goosebumps and could start crying right now! lol. This is just the coolest story that God is writing and I just marvel at how He has formed this incredible plan for these girls- across continents!!!! How amazing is that?! Cannot wait to meet Laynie! :) Love the name btw.
Love you guys!
Molly

Anonymous said...

Baby Laynie! The Dillman girls can't wait to meet you!

lisa kindred said...

We are more than excited to see you with little Laynie in your arms. It is almost time, and all the hard work you have put into this is going to be so WORTH it. She has no idea what a wonderful family God is uniting her in. We marvel at His ways on how He brought you this second precious blessing.

Thanks for letting us follow along on your journey of getting your daughter. We wait knowing He will take care of you and your every need.

We love you guys! the Kindred's

Anonymous said...

Shaws,
I am so happy for you. Nick has been so excited at school and it gave me much joy when i heard you guys were going to pick her up. I can't wait to meet Baby Laynie.


Sydney S.

Sherry said...

Irene - Oh my heart is overflowing knowing you are getting on that plane in just over 36 hours! The story the Lord has written for your family is so sweet! We cannot wait to see her in your arms!!!
Love you all! - Sherry :)

The Millers said...

We are so thrilled for you! Oh, how great our Father is and how perfect His plan. What a love he has for Laynie and your sweet family to bring you together. His ways overwhelm me. We will be praying for you and cannot wait to see you together as a family, FOREVER!

The Millers

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!!! I can not believe that you guys are at the point where you are less than 24 hours away from jumping on that plane and getting Laynie in your arms!!! PTL!!!! We love you all and can't wait to see the Shaw's as a family of 7!!!! Prayin you all to Korea and back!!!

Love,
Taylor and the rest of the crew

Anonymous said...

welcome to korea! hopefully you were able to get a little shut on on the flight. we CANNOT wait to hear from you and see little laynie in the arms of her new fam.

we had your lil angel here tonight...we swapped malea for merci. grandma took the big kids to the band concert. malea was so fun to have here. she went home in noble's "Cars" PJ's cause she was falling asleep on the couch and i hoped grandma could take her home and put her right down. ???

i also got a glimpse of hannah montana tonight - a perfect fit.

okay, get some rest and get excited because the day is coming for your sweet babe to meet her forever family. ahhhhh! what a day that will be.

love to all from sugaifive.

Amy said...

dear Shaws,

I am so happy that you guys are finally going to get another precious baby. Nick has been really excited.

i cant wait to see her,
Joel

Amy said...

Hey welcome to Korea!!! You are in the same country as your sweet Laynie. I hope you found your favorite place for dinner. I am praying that you had much rest on the flight! Tyler, I do want to hear of at least ONE brave adventure with a new food.

Band concert was good. Nick was wicked on percussion!!

I am looking forward to your first post. Know that we are praying continually for you.

Psalm 20
4 May he grant your heart’s desires
and make all your plans succeed.
5 May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory
and raise a victory banner in the name of our God.
May the LORD answer all your prayers.
7 Some nations boast of their chariots and horses,
but we boast in the name of the LORD our God.

Love and blessings,
Amy

Anonymous said...

My BRUTHA!!!!!!!!!!!
Love seeing little "mini-Malea"
How beautiful! And the pic's of Tyler with Alayna, are just awesome. We have been going to bed praying for you and waking up, doing the same.
Travel safe kimosabe.
We love you all very much.
B.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Irene, she's so precious! We're so happy for you and can't wait to meet her. Barton looks like a giant with the Korean ladies. (-:
We'll pray for her health and a safe trip home in a few days.

Julie